Monday, October 5, 2009

Out of the darkness!

Tonight was my poetry lecture and workshop and I faced all the fears that I carry with me each and every time I have to present one of my poems for feedback. The poem that I chose to present this week, is very personal for me. I had no idea what sort of response it would receive. See Vesta-Poetry http://beverly-vesta-poetry.blogspot.com/ for the poem.

Anyway I took a deep breath and read my poem.
There was silence, a deep silence that lasted and lasted.
Then one of the girls whispered: "I felt like clapping."
The whole group then burst out clapping - for My Poem.

It created so many questions, so much comment and so much intrigue. Everyone loved the mystery, they wanted to know so much about it and one of the guys, said he was so glad that he knew the author, so he could find out just that little bit more. What an honour, I truly feel like I am now officially a Poet, not just someone who writes ditties, and little bits of poetry and prose on the sideline.

I am a POET!

So if you want to read all about it, check out Vesta-Poetry and read

"Our name is Ruth."

PS. I received my exercise portfolio back tonight as well. Worth 20% of my results and yes I did it. I got 18.5/20 another High Distinction. I am currently floating around the moon. I can see the stars and they are within my grasp. Fly high everyone, chase those rainbows and follow your dreams.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! What can I say except: "Yet again, well done! So very very well done. Incredibly proud of you!"
Love you
Ian

Michelle said...

Oh, WOW, Beverly! What a Magical Moment in Time.

Congratulations!

Mom said...

You are a Star, well done. Keep up the good work.