Sunday, November 29, 2009

50 177

I DID IT!

I am finished with one day to spare. 100 pages, 48 chapters and 50 177 words.

My novel has been submitted to NaNoWriMo and it has been validated and I have been awarded a winner's certificate. On December 2nd, I can log onto NaNoWriMo and download a certificate to print a free proof copy of my manuscript as well, but more importantly than any of these things, my reward is that I have a novella. A story all of my own making, rich with wonderful characters that I have found along the way.

I am doing a happy dance inside as I sit and write. I will continue to post chapters online, hope you enjoy everyone.

Thank you to everyone who has supported me along the way, to my brother and Michelle for reading along chapter by chapter. To my husband for his patience when I sat writing, rather than talking to him. Thank you to my children for their understanding and to Sarah for being the creative child who inspired my heroine.

I hope one day I inspire you all to follow your own dreams.

4 comments:

Proud Mom and Dad said...

WELL DONE. CONGRATULATIONS, am looking forward to reading the story from the beginning. Dad and I are very proud of you indeed.

Unknown said...

FANTASTIC Beverly! So very well done and congratulations on sticking at it. I'm really looking forward to reading the rest of the story.
So when do you start the next one, or are you going to do the 'rewrite' of this one? :) Well done.

Beverly said...

A rewrite and edit first and then Book 2 of the series.

Thank you all for the congratulations.

Unknown said...

Awesome!