Thursday, November 5, 2009

Do you want to read the story chapter by chapter?

Hi everyone,

I am writing furiously every day, avearaging about 2388 words per day.

I am thinking of posting up the story chapter by chapter (undedited of course) to get your reactions, this is in response to a couple of requests. What do you think? I now have over 22 pages and twelve chapters - that is 11 944 words.

I will wait for everyone's response and then decide, if not I will post little bits and pieces as I go along to wet your appetite and then you will have to wait for the edited story.

Here is a synopsis so far:

Sarah McCandless is a young 16 year old teenager. She is ordinary, a normal girl.
A group of Selectors appear at her school and she is chosen by a Selector called Melissa, while other people have been chosen for guilds such as healing, special forces etc, she is chosen for the mysterious Creator's guild.

She leaves her family immediately and travels with a group of about 50 young people to a school in Los Angeles, where she finds out more about not only the school but also her strange gift - a talent that she shares with all the other students. A gift for writing.

Along the way she makes a new best friend Chloe, and a fantastic group of friends, Janine and James - twins and Richard and Lucas.

And then . . .

3 comments:

darlin said...

How about chapter by chapter, this way I could keep up to your story and still continue on with my writing here. I'd love to have the time to sit down and read it all in one sitting but realistically I do not have the time... unfortunately.

Are you at all concerned about someone reading it here and plagiarizing your material? That is something to think about if you have not already done so... I'm sure you have thought of this yet I know when I do eventually sit down to write my book I won't post any of it on any sites just encase. I will just send my friends a copy for them to read, such as yourself Beverly. That's a long ways off and in the here and now I'd best get ready to get out this door. There's so much to learn and so little time to do it in.

Cheers!

Michelle said...

Chapter by chapter would be fabulous, Beverly!

Beverly said...

Okay, I will post it chapter by chapter.
Darlene, I am not too worried about plagiarizing, if it happens then so be it. I don't think that many people know about my little site, so not worried.