Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Almost finished!

I just can't believe it, I am in my penultimate week of uni. I have just 6 lectures left and then it is all over. I am working like a mad woman at my final meditation essay. (1200 good words - 2000 needed).

I have a good draft of my short story written, to hand in for editing tomorrow and today my wonderful meditation lecturer sent me my 'take-home' exam a week early. I explained that I was going away to Alice Springs next weekend and requested an extension. He suggested that he send it to me early, so that I can get it out the way and enjoy my holiday. I have completed 3 of the 5 questions (200 words each) and tomorrow just need to work on the other 2 questions.
I must admit to feeling a little pressured, but by this time next week it will almost be over.
I will still have one more take-home exam to complete, but both it and my short story are only due on June 15th, so will have some breathing space.

I have loved this whole experience and am now considering what courses to do next semester. Definitely, another Religions course, but am also now considering a History course, rather than another writing or English one. First focus however, is to get through this one.

So wish me luck and hang in there for the next post, it could be a few days.

2 comments:

Mom said...

Keep up the good work, you know you can do it.

darlin said...

You go girl, I totally can relate to finals week. My last week in classes I had three finals to write and three essays to turn in, one was 18 pages, and the other two are now a blur! lol

One day this too will be a distant memory for you, you will do very well and I'm sure excel at everything! I'm not going to wish you luck, I do not believe in luck. I believe in determination, dedication, fate, destiny and all are on your side Beverly! Now go and get 'em! :-)