Friday, May 8, 2009

What a talent!



This is my Mom! I can tell you that I am so proud of her. She is not only the best Mom in the world, an amazing wife and grandmother, but also amazingly talented.


I remember in 2000, I started scrap booking and she said "No I can't do that I am not at all artistic." Her whole life she had believed that she was ordinary, untalented (except for being a great secretary) and generally not very clever. It has taken her many years to trust in herself and slowly she is discovering what we have always known. That she is amazing and talented.

A few months ago, Mom decided to try a little 'pyrography' (wood burning). She started with a few leaves, a mouse on a door hanger for Sarah, a few odds and ends and did really well. This week, she finally got the courage to try her first major project. Dad found her a beautiful piece of wood, which he cleaned up, sanded and edged for her and she did this amazing Kookaburra!

What a fantastic first project!

Mom, you are amazing, congratulations!

3 comments:

Mom said...

Boo Hoo, now you have me in tears, thank you so much darling for the beautiful words and encouragement. It is the most wonderful thing in the world to be a Mother and now of course a Grand Mother. I had such fun doing this Kookaburra, so wait for the next installment. LOL

Unknown said...

Wow Mom! You already know how proud we are of you with this achievement. Just wish I was there to give you a hug and say: Well done.
Keep it up. Looking forward to more from you. Fantastic!
Ian

Michelle said...

What a wonderful piece of Artwork, Dorothy. Congratulations!