Friday, May 15, 2009

How lucky am I?

Ivan normally travels for about 6 months of the year, but this year has curtailed his travelling. (yes the small thing called an economic crises!) He now however, desperately needs to go overseas and meet up with clients and on the off-chance that it would work, suggested that I try and go with him.

Well to cut a very long and very complicated story short, Elizabeth and I (yes, both of us) will be travelling overseas on June 24th, to New York, Washington, Stamford, Ireland and London. I have spent hours on the phone trying to organise frequent flyer tickets and to my surprise have managed to do it. Don't let anyone tell you that you can't use your points, just talk to the people!

We leave on June 24th, spend 2 days in New York, a day in Washington, a day in York, PA, a day in Stamford, CN and then fly to Ireland for the weekend and on to London for 3 full days. It is going to be amazing.

In my life it never rains but it pours. Here I am going to Alice Springs on the 5th June and then to the USA on the 24th.

I am so grateful for my life, for the priveleges that I have. I am grateful this time that Elizabeth can come with me. She loves travelling and is of an age that she will appreciate all the amazing tourist things that we will cram into the trip.

We have organised our new passport photos. The only thing I can say about them, is that after a 15 hour flight, I will probably resemble the photo. They are horrible, as you are no longer allowed to smile at all. What a shocker and to think that I have to keep that photo for the next 10 years. Oh well, age will probably cure the differences that I see now.

Just thought I would share my amazing good fortune. So look out for July Blog posts, they will be filled with lots of photos!

1 comment:

Jenny Adams said...

Hey Beverly what very exciting travel plans ... I find myself excited for you!!!