Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Commitments!

On January 1st this year I committed to a project - My Blissings album. It was going to be easy, I would take a photo everyday to represent all the blissings/blessings in my life. I always take lots of photos.
January has a photo for every day and February as well, then I started Uni; the kids were back at school and I have allowed my commitment to this project to fade. I am disappointed in myself. It is difficult to take the time each day, but I know that I could have done it with just a little more attention and focus.

I am going to commit again on June 2nd, to finish off this project. I have lots of photos for the last couple of months and am going to write a bit about the things I achieved to fill in the spaces.
I am going to commit to something I really wanted to do and not let it slide.

Tomorrow and Thursday are my very last lectures for this semester. I have finished my 2000 word essay, my final exam for one subject and just have one more exam for another. Then my short story to hand in on June 15th.

Uni has also been a commitment and this is one that I have achieved. I am proud of myself for this commitment. I have loved the interaction with other people, loved the learning and the work and have grown as a person. I am a little tired now and looking forward to a break, but also to deciding what courses I will do next semester.

Today is about commitment, so wish me luck!

3 comments:

Mom said...

All the very best of luck, especially as I know you have a sick family at the moment, it is always hard to keep one's committments, almost like those pesky "New Year Resolutions" that start out so well and within weeks have faded into the never never. Enjoy your last few days of this semister. I had better make a committment to fix my back, once again seem to have said that before over the past 40 years, but this time really have to work on that committment.

darlin said...

Good for you Beverly, it sure does feel wonderful to accomplish a goal, I too know the feeling as I sit and reflect on my educational journey. I began with five years ahead of me until I obtain a degree, today it is down to three. Where did the time get away on me? I guess that I blinked! lol

Whatever life brings your way Beverly you will succeed, you have drive, commitment, dedication and perserverance, a few photos here and blogging, well it will come when the time allows, no worries! It is great to see you back here today, who knows what tomorrow might bring our way! I almost added the famous Canadian "eh" in there lol. That is part of speech here to us real redneck Canadians!

Take care and tty soon my blogger friend!

Beverly said...

Mom and Darlene thank you both for your supportive comments.
I am beginning to relax. Essay is printed and ready to be handed in tomorrow.
I love the 'eh' Darlene, so don't hesitate to use it!