Wednesday, June 17, 2009

More about Alice Springs


Michelle and I had a wonderful morning at the Alice Springs Desert Park - apparently one of the World's best desert parks. I must agree. We saw an amazing 'Birds of Prey' show and I captured a few spectacular bird, including this Black Kite and Boo Boo Owl.
We walked through so many areas with wild flowers and native plants and trees that have so many medicinal uses by the local aboriginal people.

The flowers are Sturt Desert Peas and were in full flower outside our hotel, what spectacular flowers.
I have included this photo of our tour bus for our full day tour of the West Macdonnel Ranges, the company is a small, locally owned outfit and the very best I have ever experienced. Our guide Sam was not only 'real eye-candy' but so informative, fun and enthusiastic. What a wonderful day we had.
More photos to follow in the next couple of days.





1 comment:

darlin said...

What beautiful photos! I am thinking of possible ways for me to come to Australia and work my second practicum there. I would love to work with the Aboriginal people there and see what is happening in a different part of the world. I am sure that I would return home with a vast amount of knowledge!
I will keep you posted along the way here how my plans are coming about, or not!
Have a wonderful day and will chat again soon!