On Friday my Dad came up to discuss our future renovations - we are planning a few. One of them is put a door between the 'entrance hall & lounge', and the family room. Many nights Ivan & I look forward to sitting chatting with a glass of wine and some music and the children are watching TV in the family room - no peace or privacy.
Our discussions centred on getting a new door & building a frame - we decided to drive to the local door supplier & before Dad knew what hit him, I had purchased a bi-fold door, frame etc. So we began.
|Matthew holding one of my new doors. It has a rose on it to match my front door.|
|The Before shot|
|The inbetween shot - This looks a mess with the header piece & half the wallpaper gone. What have I done?|
|Getting it off|
|The after shots|
|A clear wall that now needs painting|
Today I took the project to a new height - when we moved into our house just over 6 years ago, I vowed to replace the wallpaper (I am a paint girl, not a wallpaper one). Although it was striking there was just too much of it.
I had no idea how to remove the wallpaper and the first wall took me hours, until I thought about wetting it down with water first, it then peeled off as easy as anything; and I was able to wash the glue off most of the walls.
It has brightened up my whole entrance hall - now just need to tackle the rest of the house. One room & wall at a time.
Tomorrw Dad and I will work on erecting the rest of the frame and hopefully hanging the doors. How exciting these changes are.