Saturday, February 19, 2011

Achieving Goals

I have been home now for 4 days - it feels a lot longer and a lot shorter.  In that time I have done 8 loads of washing, dried & put most of it away - although have a pile of ironing for tomorrow. I have also unpacked 7 cases, put everything away in its place got back into a routine of life.

Most importantly I have edited over 800 photos from our trip and completed 66 digital pages of our Disneyland album.  I love scrapbooking, since I discovered it in 2000, I have been hooked. When digital scrapbooking came on the scene I really wasn't even interested in trying it out. Then I gave it a go - and I LOVE IT!

I love the ability to switch on my computer and do just a page without the mess, I love the creativity of pulling together different pages and styles and using the pre-made or my own designs. Most of all I love the speed at which I can get my photos into albums and ready to share with family & friends.

This morning however, I decided that my house & garden were also calling, so after lunch, I dragged out the ride-on mower and did the grass, then I tackled the driveway with the hedge trimmer. We can now fit the cars in easily. Matt came out, did some hand mowing for me and picked up all my trimmings. I also used Roundup on all the weeds that have grown in the pavings. The rain has been wonderful for the garden, but boy does it need some work.

So finally at 5.48pm, I have showered and am about to get a few things ready for a visit from our lovely friends, Rosemary, Olivia & Isobel.

Life is good and I have realised that when I set my mind to something I achieve miracles - I guess that is what I call succeeding.

3 comments:

darlin said...

Wow, please send some of your energies my way, I'm down a pint! I LOVE your new header on your blog, what a fantastic photo of you and your family!

I've been browsing through some of your photos on fb and what fun! I've never been to Disneyland and I just might make it there one day yet, who knows what my tomorrows may bring.

That is so kind of your son to come out and help with the chores, it's like pulling teeth here when I want to get my niece to do something although I must say she's been a bit better lately, mind you she wants to go out more and knows that if her chores are not done she's not going, so it's a trade off.

I've always wanted to attempt digital scrapbooking and will one day, there's no time in my life right now with all this reading and essays and trying to squeeze in some me time... you know what that's like to be in studies, it can be challenging. I only have a little over a year left and I'll have my degree, I can't wait! But now to get from here to there is the fun part.

Take care and I hope you have a wonderful time with your company!

Beverly said...

Thanks for your lovely comments. You are so inspirational. I know that you will succeed in your studies, but I agree it is the work from now to the end that is painful.

I am starting back at uni on Wed March 2nd - am doing Gothic literature & History of Western Magic - How cool!

darlin said...

Wow, that does sound cool! I want to find something which I'm extremely passionate about to study, I can take anything in the arts and sciences but they have to transfer at the 300 level so that I can apply them to my degree. It gets a wee bit confusing but hopefully before I graduate it's going to all become a wee bit more clear! lol

How much longer will you be studying for and please refresh my memory, which degree are you pursuing?

Have a wonderful day!