Friday, February 18, 2011

It took me 35 years

California Screamin

Adrenalin Junkies

Big Thunder Railroad


Doing the loop
 At age 35 I finally conquered my fear of rollercoasters - I rode the tiny (children's rollercoaster) at Movieworld on the Gold Coast and screamed the whole way around. The children were so embarrassed! Since then I have ventured more boldly along the line to bigger and more scary rides.

Each & every time I have to fight my fear and right up until I get off it am terrified. Yet, I have learnt the most valuable lesson, life is to be lived! Rollercoasters are not for everyone - I know that, but for me they release all my fears, feed my soul and set me free.

I still scream on everyone, but now I step out boldly and enjoy the ride.

My favourite ride of all wasn't Space Mountain, which was fast and wild; California Screamin which was mind-blowing and disorientating, but Big Thunder Mountain Railroad - it was the smoothest rollercoaster I have ever been on. In fact I loved it so much that in the end I wasn't even screaming. I was just experiencing the exhiliration. I had my hands in the air and felt alive.

More photos to follow, even some scary rollercoaster pics.

No comments: