Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Technology

My previous post illicited so many comments that I thought I would write a post about it.

In years gone by, I was totally against digital scrapbooking, but then I refused to see 'Toy Story' when it first came out, because it was animated by computer and not in the traditional Disney style. I admit it I am a little slow to catch onto things. I now look at things like 'Lord of the Rings' and even better 'Avatar' and believe that those worlds just have to exist. The computer technology and CGI (I think that is what it is called) is so much more real than real, that it is impossible to believe that it just doesn't exist in our non-virtual world.

I am completely in love with technology. I couldn't exist without my laptop. It is just amazing and I know that I will be keeping it up to date. It is one of the first things I switch on in the morning and the last that I switch off at night. I check my emails every few hours, check out Facebook and do a little digital scrapbooking. I work on my uni stuff and just check out the times for a movie. I am hooked on technology.

Digital scrapbooking has me totally hooked. I can take a photo and within minutes have it scrapbooked and shared around the world. I have a running 2010 album that I am doing photos on a daily/weekly basis and it is going to be a detailed photo journal of my life. I guess this is part of my passion and it is so much quicker than waiting to get photos printed, then having to find the time and space to traditionally scrapbook them. The other amazing part is the ability to journal. I can insert a full page of text - yes it doesn't have my handwriting (something I was always big on), but if I really want that then I can scan in a written page. Now isn't this all cool.

So in our house we have 4 laptops and an older computer and at times we are all using them. We do however, ensure that we still all make time to be together for family chats in the lounge. Communication is the most important thing - I can communicate with family around the world via technology, but nothing beats our family evenings filled with laughter and joy.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well you know me, I'm a gadget freak and it always frustrated me when people weren't interested or failed to see the potential. It drives me crazy when the huge companies that I work for worry about storage space for their databases etc when I'm sitting on 15Tb of hard drive space at home myself! :)
Of course my latest gadget is an iPhone which I resisted for ages but it is simply amazing. Reckon I'm going to have to get me one of those new fancy iPads as well! LOL.
Who know's I may even switch to Apple one of these days?