Monday, February 22, 2010

CM & Facebook

I have been trying to figure out a way I could share my CM digital album pages on Vesta as well as Facebook, but it appears that there is no way to copy a single page and post it here, so if you want to see some recent family photos then check them out on Facebook.

I must admit that I haven't quite figured out how Facebook works. I keep checking it out, but there is often just links to games (Farmville) and Astrology charts and everyone adding a friend to their list. Does anyone every write anything for others to share???

My friend Darlene from Canada is really good posting things, so I get to check out what is happening in her world. I also follow her blog which I have enjoyed for over a year now. But, I just don't get the rest. I guess it is perhaps a generational thing for me.

Anyway I love CM digital albums as I am completely up to date with my 2010 photos, as I take them I download them onto the computer and create a page and update my monthly calendar. I am also working on all my 2008 photos which have been sitting in a drawer for over a year now. I guess for me traditional scrapbooking is a thing of the past and so is printing photographs. It took me a while to get into this form of scrapbooking and photography, but now I will never go back.

Well done CM for making it so easy.

6 comments:

Mom said...

Oh no, now we can never have a scrapbooking morning again, what am I going to do !!!!. You had better revise your bookcase count as now you will have lots of tiny albums !!
You do seem to be enjoying it, I might consider it once I have used up all my pages, albums, page protectors, paper, stickers, ABC stickers, and so on and on.

Beverly said...

Hi Mom,

That is not true, I can bring my laptop down to you just as easily now and we can work in your study together and chat. You can do the traditional stuff and I can do the digital.

I am even thinking of selling some of my tons and tons of excess CM stuff, which I know I will never use now.

Unknown said...

Wow this is a serious change of heart. A little sad in a way, it's kind of like saying you will never read a paper novel/book again but only use an e-reader. To which 'today' you may reply - No! Never! :) Hmmmm, how times change I guess. LOL!
In Facebook by the way, it's really easy to hide all that cr*p regarding Farmville and Astrology etc etc. Hover over the post and a HIDE button appears on the right. Click that, now you can either hide the person completely (if they really annoy you :D) of you can just hide the updates from that particualr application and voila - you will never see them again. I agree it's very annoying though.

Well have fun doing the digital albums!

Beverly said...

Ian,
In some ways I agree and maybe those special few albums will hold a place still.
Time however, doesn't allow me the joy that I used to get out of the whole process.
This way I still get my photos available for people to see and much quicker. Rather than have them sitting in boxes for years on end.l

Unknown said...

Fair point and I agree with 100% in fact. Was just playing Devil's Advocate because I never thought I would hear you say this? There is nothing nicer however than seeing your photo's in print it must be said, up on your walls or in a nice album. One day I will get off my arse and do a coffee-table book. Perhaps after the Masai-Mara? :)
It's still surprising to me however to see you take to the technology? I hardly know you anymore. LOL!

Michelle said...

I, too, am chuckling at the change in Scrapbooking Direction that has overcome you, Beverly, - and ME! Digital scrapbooking is So Easy!!! And, it fits on the shelf more easily. It's fabulous that you can share your layouts on Facebook but I agree that getting anything else of interest happening is hard. I'd rather Blog!