Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Book review

I am reading a very interesting book by Malcolm Gladwell called 'Outliers - The Story of Success'. It is a fascinating book that looks at why some people succeed while others don't. The assumption is that it is usually intelligence and ambition, but this book looks at things like birth place, birth date, family circumstance, dedication (10 000 hour rule - I liked this one) and other things.

It is well written and easy to read and at page 128, I am finding that I keep picking it up to read just another little bit more.

I had never heard of this author before but apparently he has written two other books 'The Tipping Point' - about how we understand the world and 'Blink' about how we think about thinking. These sound really interesting, so I may be diving into his works a little futher.

If you are interested his website is www.gladwell.com

1 comment:

darlin said...

Sounds intriguing, I might have to check that one out if I ever get any time for pleasure reading that is!