Tuesday, August 18, 2009

He can do anything - We can do anything!

Broken Taps and Getting out the big guns

If you look closely at the cold tap on the right, you will see the washer at the bottom - now this should be at the top holding the handle on. Our house is 18 years old and is beginning to need some TLC. I haven't had a hot water tap for ages in my bathroom sink and the children's was just dreadful. So Dad kindly offered to help me replace them all.

Working in such a cramped space made life really difficult.

As always these tasks end up being far more difficult than first thought and although we managed to replace my taps on Friday in about 3 hours, the children's bathroom proved a different story. After 5 frustrating hours, we had it all connected but were worried about the old copper piping, it was kinked! We switched on the water and instead of a fountain of water into the sink, we had one underneath.
So it was off to the local hardware store before he closed at 2pm to buy a few more fittings and finally around 3.30pm - it was all finished.

My lovely new taps. I can't use them yet, as I am waiting for the silicone to cure under the drain-hole, but now hopefully I will be able to wash my face in hot water instead of cold.
Thanks Dad - you are an amazing man.




4 comments:

darlin said...

Good for you, to me there is nothing more rewarding then being able to stand back once a job is complete and knowing I had a part in it! Very nice to be able to wash your face in warm water once again, how ever did you manage to wash with only cold water? That sure would get me kick started! lol
Awesome to have a father such as you do Beverly, he sure is a big part of your life I can see from your blog, what a blessing!

Unknown said...

You are so lucky to have Dad around to help you with these things. *jealous* :)

Beverly said...

I think he is awesome as well. He has taught me that I can do anything, but what he has that most people don't have, is the ability to see a solution to every problem. He knows what tools are needed and how to improvise. I wish he had been able to showcase his amazing talents to the world, but then I guess I wouldn't have learnt so much from him. I am proud he is my Dad.

Mom said...

Looking at the photos and the tiny spce, just as well you two are not giants !!!