Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Bathing the Dog!


Our Abby is such a silly dog. We don't believe in bathing dogs too often, as it destroys their natural oils and means that they then require even more bathing.
But Abby has been a little smelly (not much, just a little) and itchy for a while now, so I decided to let Tracey come in and give her a wash and nail clip. It was so funny! Tracey was calm and wonderful with her, but I was glad that Dad was here to help. He is so good with Abby and calmly helped.
Abby whimpered, cried and talked through the whole experience. The end result a damp, happy dog, who smells a whole lot better. Her treat - Grandad took her for a walk and she got a biscuit.

3 comments:

darlin said...

This is such a great photo, I LOVE it! What an awesome idea to have someone come to your home to wash your dog, I am not sure if they have that here or not but I do love the concept! Makes me really want to get a dog now, I adore dogs! Maybe, just maybe... I'm going to have to sleep on this one for a while!

Beverly said...

Darlene,
Remember all the downsides, the vet bills, the food, the mess, the training etc, etc.
I love Abby, she is great company, but a lot of work.

darlin said...

I do remember that part of having a dog all to well Beverly, yet the love one gets in return is worth it all! I still have to do some serious thinking about this, time constraints might hold me back unfortunately.