Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Writing a Screenplay Treatment

So what is a Screenplay Treatment?

Well, it is sort of a mini-story/novel of your movie.  A bit more than dot-points, and not the screenplay itself.

It is the piece that you present to very busy movie producers in the hope that they read it and are so intrigued that they decide to produce your movie.

For my Screenwriting course I have to write a 1400 word treatment of my movie idea. It is worth 35% of my grade. So today I sat down with my dot-points and wrote 1700+ words in a couple of hours.  It is a thriller and quite scary, but it seems to have a great impact on anyone who reads it, so maybe I am on course.

I am not sure I want to be a screenplay writer, but love the idea of getting as much experience across every writing field as possible. But, who knows, maybe at the end of all of this I will write the full screenplay and sell it to local Australian Film Industry. 

Wouldn't that be amazing?

1 comment:

Red said...

That would be amazing and very satisfying. I wish you much success.