Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Okay, so maybe more in sickness than in health

So .............  the news is back from the gastro-enterologist - and it isn't great.

They found a golf-ball size cancerous tumor in the transverse colon.  Totally unexpected and even the surgeon was shocked.  It is an ugly little sucker - yes, he had a photo from the camera that went visiting my insides.

So the wonderful news is that they found this. Totally unexpected yes, but not too late.  The CT scan results are not in yet, to determine if there has been any spread, but hopefully by tomorrow we will have more answers.

Now what .............

Well tomorrow I get to go home. Am so pleased with that - need some time with my family in my space.  I am allowed out for a week or so and then return to hospital on Sunday 7th October for another disgusting prep - yes that horrible colonoscopy liquid.  They will also prepare me for surgery etc.

Monday 8th will be surgery day and then I will in hospital for 5-10 days depending on healing.  Histology and spread, will determine if I require chemotherapy and that we will know after the surgery.

How do I feel?

Well surprisingly I am okay!  I am not sure if I am just in shock?  But, I don't think so - I am an extremely positive person and this is a lesson that I obviously have to have. 

I am grateful for my amazing family, for my doctors, for my friends and for the rest of my health.   Will keep you all updated through the blog or my FB page, so keep an eye out.

2 comments:

Mom said...

Ok guys, we know you all read Beverly's blog, but how about a comment, even if it is "Good Luck Beverly". It takes an enormous amount of effort to write on your blog when you are well but even harder when you are not well, just even a "keep up your spirits" or something else. We want to keep her spirits up and this can only happen when we respond to her emotions and feelings. !!! Ok I know I perhaps should not be posting this, but it is important to her to hear from people who appreciate and love her and call her "their friend" to write a chirpy remark about what she is sending out to the world, so come on guys encourage her to keep writing

Anonymous said...

Hello-
This is my 1st time to your blog, found in a roundabout way. I am sorry to read of your crummy health issues and want you to know strangers out in this huge world are thinking of you and sending healing thoughts your way. I am a stage 4 breast cancer survivor of almost 9 years and I wish you the best through all you will be dealing with. You can do it! Hang in there and take care of yourself.
Best wishes to you always,
Ruthinks