Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Waiting for News

I have been inspired to write today about a friend who is 'waiting for news.'
My new Blog friend Darlene is waiting for some health news and today posted an inspirational Blog called IF. She commented that 'If' the news was not good she would live her life, like she was dying - but not recklessly; and continue to treat people the way she wanted to be treated.
And if the news was good, she would do her happy dance and pretty much live the life she was planning to live if she was dying.

This made me think, that if we were told today that we only had a certain number of days to live, what would we change? It made me think that this is how we should live our lives everyday, because even though we may have years, months or even days to live - each day should be lived like it is our last.

I believe with all my heart that at the end of each day, I should go to bed and know that if I did not wake in the morning, I would be satisfied that I had lived my life to the very best. Made mistakes along the way, but lived. Tried my best and lived. Enjoyed each and every gift and faced each and every challenge with grit and determination. Treated all those I love with respect and honesty and all those I don't know or don't like just the same.

To my friend Darlene, I wish you well, I hope your results are positive and healthy and I am proud to be able to say I have a Canadian Blog Friend - Eh!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

What a wonderfully thought-provoking post, Beverly. I was wondering what I would do differently ... I think I would adopt a 'No Rules' policy, just adopt a Way of Life which allows me to be True to Myself and those around me, treating all with Love and Respect; I would not insist my kids went to school - they could if they choose to; I would encourage the kids and my peers to Speak Their Truth - always; and I would spend time with people who Love to Laugh because I am not very good at Laughing!

Thanks for the post - it's brought a Smile to my face!