Thursday, June 6, 2013

Love and appreciate your parents. We are often so busy growing up, we forget they are also growing old.

Tonight I am posting a message to my Mum and Dad.

I love you. I love you for the life you gave me, for the love you give me and for the chance that I have now to give you a little in return.

Thank you for teaching me to be the woman that I am.
Thank you for showing me what to value in life - family, family, family.
Thank you for listening to my life story and taking the time to value it.
Thank you both for just being you.

Tonight, I went to see my Dad in hospital - his second stroke has caused little or no serious damage that we can see, but it is a lesson to me, that everyday I need to let him, and my Mum, know that I love them.  Dad is 75 in August and for the first time, I can see the years behind him. I know that God has heard the prayers from us all, and from all of you, and realised that we need him here for just a little longer. So thank you for them all. And thank you God.

To you Mum, please know that I love you.  Ask me for help - I am here for you, every step and every day.  Mum you are amazing, so strong and so independent, but remember your family can and will willingly help you, just as you have helped us.

I love you both, Mum and Dad.  I hope that you know this.

2 comments:

Davine said...

Oh Beverly you words are so beautiful. If only we could all say them to our parents. Thank you.

Mom said...

Thank you for the beautiful words sweetheart, we know that you love us as much as we love you and more. You certainly won't be getting rid of us too soon, I think you will have us for at least 25 more years. That will make Dad 100 and me 95 so we might not have teeth nor hear properly but we will have sparkling eyes to watch you and your family grow in both stature and strength. Thank you for all your love and support and yes I know I can be stubborn but I most certainly will yell for help as and when I need it. It is now a case of Dad and I starting another new day tomorrow and we will take life as it comes. All our love Mom & Dad