Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Vesta has been offline

We have been without a phone/internet line for nearly a week and finally today it was repaired. It has been driving me crazy and made me realise how dependent on technology I have become.

So for a couple of updates.

School is finished for the year, Matthew and Sarah are on summer holidays until end of January.

Ivan is overseas in York, PA and New York (wish I was with him), Elizabeth is working hard at her job and I am trying to get into the Christmas spirit with temperatures over 37 degrees Celsius for the past 3 days. A bit tough, although the children and I did make 14 dozen Christmas mince pies and 11 dozen curry mince pies on Monday. So now we are hot and fat!

The house is decorated and the shopping almost finished. I have ordered the Turkey and have begun planning the menu, so with just 2 weeks left, we are finally beginning to think Christmas will be here soon.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Welcome back to the land of the connectedness! It's terrible being off-line, I can't even imagine it; much like it's hard to imagine what it's like to go and stand in a bank queue?? :)
Hope you guys are coping with the HOT weather!

Michelle said...

Welcome back! I do hope that one day I will be in the same location as some of those gorgeous, mouth-watering mince pies! :)