Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Grading system explained

In reply to Darlene's lovely comment regarding my grades. (Thanks for the support Darlene and Ian.)

Here is an explanation:
A pass is a 4 (50-65%)
Credit is a 5 (65-74%
Distinction is a 6 (75-84%)
and a High Distinction is a 7 (85%+)

I am working towards a Bachelor of Arts degree hopefully majoring in English and Writing. Initially I thought I might major in English and Religion and this is still a possibility. If I go this path my writing will just be incorporated into my English degree.

Who knows where this will lead, maybe to an honours degree, but that is way down the track still.

At the moment, my plan is to do just 5 courses per year instead of the 'usual' 8 courses. Three in first semester and 2 in second; this way I can enjoy the journey and the process and still have time for the family.

1 comment:

darlin said...

That is excellent Beverly! I love that you have the time to enjoy all that life has to offer. I sometimes think that I'm nuts to tackle five courses per semester (we have four month semesters), yet I want to get out in the world and work with people. Two and a half more years at this pace and I shall have my degree.

In comparing our grading system ours is as follows:
4.0 is 99 - 100 A+
4.0 95-98 A
3.7 90-94 A-
3.3 85-89 B+
3.0 80-84 B
2.7 75-79 B-

and they go down from there.

I was extremely pleased with my overall GPA last year, it neared the 3.5 mark. My English, which I scored an A in each semester helped pull up my GPA. That A+ is one tough bugger, 99 or 100!

Thanks for sharing!