Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Breathing a Sigh of Satisfaction

This morning I woke up early and switched on my computer. Uni results were published today. I already knew my poetry result was a '6' Distinction, but needed to get my English results. Prior to my exam I had been sitting all semester on a '7' but was very nervous after my exam. I knew that I would pass the course (enough marks already) but how much it would bring my marks down was the issue. . .

IT DIDN'T!

26 years after writing my last exam I survived another one. I don't know my final results for my exam, but my final English grade is a . . . HIGH DISTINCTION '7'.

Happy dance time.

I have a GPA of 6.5 for second semester and am so happy. Can't wait now to tackle 2010 first semester. I am going to take 'Fundamentals of writing; Gothic literature and possibly Australian Literature (depending on the lecturer). Roll on March 1st, 2010.

3 comments:

darlin said...

Way to go Beverly! That's awesome! I see that you have a different scoring system than we do, here it's out of a four. I am hoping to score high enough to enter University, I am sure that I will but there is always that bit of doubt which looms overhead. I do have a back up plan though!

So what are you working towards? Are you going after a degree of some type? And do you take two courses per semester? I am currently in five courses per semester and it's tough but I'm plugging along!

Unknown said...

Well of course you did! :)
Expected nothing less even with all your stress of the exam. Well done Beverly. I'm glad you're looking forward to the next challenge and it sounds very interesting too.

Michelle said...

Congratulations, my friend! You are Brilliant!!