Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Poor Neglected Blog

It has been weeks since I have had a few moments to sit and update my Blog. I have been so busy with children, gardening, husband and all my wonderful University studies. I have become an obsessive student. I am always busy writing essays, researching or just indulging the love of my life, writing poetry.

I have just critiqued and analysed a poem for an essay and handed that in on Monday, so I am now hoping that I have done well in that piece of assessment. I have a 1500 word essay to write on King Lear and have read about 15 books/articles on him, oh boy, I did not know that so much had been written on a single Shakespearean play.

I must admit to totally loving every minute of my 'intellectual' life. I find myself so absorbed, that I lose hours and days of time.

So sincere apologies to all fans of Vesta, I will try to be more diligent in future.

Check out Vesta poetry for some new posts over the next couple of days.

We have been challenged to enter a poetry course competition to write a Triolet. It is a very structured poem (see details on Vesta-poetry), the prize is a $200 book voucher from the campus book shop, what an indulgence.

I will be posting my efforts for some comments, wish me luck.

2 comments:

darlin said...

That sounds extiting to be entering such a contest Beverly, I am sure that you will do very well in the competition! I will see you accepting your award I am sure!
No need for apologies my blogger friend, life happens and sometimes there are more important occurances in life which sweep us away from our virtual world.
I have just completed an essay on the developmental years from birth to two years, a rather interesting piece of work I must add, for my psychology class. This is going to be one fun filled learning year for me! I would wish you luck but I don't believe in luck, I will wish you well!
Good night from the other side of the world, have a good day!

Mom said...

Welcome back, at last something to read on your blog. I know I see you each day, but hey this is a great way to catch up on things in general.