Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Neglected Blog

Hours of poetry inspiration and writing left me with a 'mush brain' yesterday. By last night, I could no longer think in rhyme, meter or even words - my brain had just frizzled. Driving home from school Matthew asked what we were having for supper and I said a roast dinner. His question was: "Mom if you have been working hard all day, why are you cooking a roast?" I love my son, he is wonderful. I just laughed, thinking that he wouldn't care if I dished up toast, as long as I wasn't too tired.

I have my first exercise portfolio ready for submission on Monday for Poetry, I am happy with the results of my work and will be even happier if I get a good mark as it is worth 20%.

Life continues apace, with the children already counting down to our next short holiday, in 3 weeks time, it will be Spring holidays for 2 weeks and then we are in the final term of this year. Sarah has picked her language choice (chinese) for Middle School and Matthew will soon be chosing his subjects for his first year of Senior school. Time is just flying.

Someone had the audacity to point out the other day that it was less than 4 months to Christmas - Yikes!

Anyway enough rambling today, from a beautiful sunny Brisbane winter/spring morning I hope you have a wonderful Day.

No comments: