Sunday, May 4, 2014

Motivation!

One of the problems I have faced since being diagnosed with cancer has been motivation.  It has been very easy to fall into the trap of wallowing in health issues.  I know that it has been essential to nurture my energy and allow myself time to recover, but over the last few weeks I have found it very frustrating that I am still requiring 'rest & recovery' time.  I want to be well and I want to be well NOW!

Oh Me of little patience.

Anyway, last week I took a tumble. It was a very hard fall, and I didn't really hurt myself, but it seemed to give me the mental jolt as well as the physical that I needed.  My moment of self-pity was over.  I had been putting out to the Universe that I was useless and even my writing was pathetic - I mean I had written two books - no-one had read them and those who had didn't think they were very good.  Oh Poor Me!

Then the universe answered:  Matthew told me that one of his friends had just finished my 2nd book.  He had picked up my book and read it in just two days - loved it and hated me for not having book three finished.  He thought it was excellent. 

I was so excited about the whole think - that I began an intensive, motivated action plan.  I actually looked up my book sales and discovered that I have sold books. People are reading them. I put out a 'plea' on Facebook - did anyone want to buy my books and within 72 hours I have had 11 orders - Wow!

So I am motivated to begin living again.  Just needed a little 'shove!'

2 comments:

Red said...

I hear you on the motivation. With what you are going through it's no wonder things are difficult and challenging. Falls? I know about that. Falling is an issue for seniors. Good luck with the books and get cracking on number three!

Red said...

I hear you on the motivation. With what you are going through it's no wonder things are difficult and challenging. Falls? I know about that. Falling is an issue for seniors. Good luck with the books and get cracking on number three!