Saturday, December 29, 2012

Friends

Facebook is an amazing forum for finding, chatting, keeping & sadly 'losing friends.'  For me it has been an awesome medium for reconnecting with friends from my past and for making so many wonderful new friends. 

I have also been blessed by the kindness that I have been shown by so many people, through my recent bout of illness. Simple comments of support, love and healing, have made my journey so much easier and I want to acknowledge how important you have all been to me.

Today I was blessed once again, not through the medium of Facebook, but by the generous gift of a bunch of flowers from people who are not only the employers of my son (and eldest daughter before him); but also people who I consider friends.

A simple gesture of love and support that turned an ordinary day into something special. 

So to friends around the world - thank you.

Wishing you all a Happy New Year and all the best wishes for 2013.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Stunning roses and they were given with genuine love for you by Chris and Jan. May the new Year bring you many more wonderful friends who will love, encourage, support you and not least of all just be your Friend. Over the past years Beverly I have been so proud to always tell everyone, that not only are you my daughter, but you have been my friend. Keep smiling and all will be fine my Darling. Roll on 2013, it is going to be a year to remember with happiness, of that I am sure.