Monday, January 18, 2010

Monday's random musings

Thank you for all the wonderful comments on my last post. It has been my experience that life is not always 'happy' and 'easy' and sometimes the frustrations expressed can help as much as all the positive comments in the world. The good news is that even when frustrations occur, they can be treated as positive lessons and the connection I have received from the last post was wonderful.

I bought a wonderful desk calender this year called 'Circle of Women - daily inspirations and this morning's quote is just perfect "If you realized how powerful your thoughts are, you would never think a negative thought." (Peace Pilgrim 1908-1981 - American Peace activist).

This made me think about yesterday - Sunday and how I paid the physical price for all my frustrations in the form of a vicious all-day headache. Lots of water, a couple of pain pills and rest helped and I have woken feeling revived this morning. We had an overnight thunderstorm which has cleared the air of all the heat, but are still expecting another hot day today with temperatures predicted around 36 degrees.

This week is filled with chores and appointments as we enjoy the last full week of school holidays and Ivan's leave. Then next Wednesday everyone heads back to a regular routine. On one hand I am looking forward to the predictability and organisation of daily life and on the other am dreading the lunches, school runs and stresses involved. It has been a very enjoyable 5 weeks of relaxation.

I guess I have rambled and mused enough this morning. I wish you all a positive and enjoyable week.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello Beverley. I am a friend of Michelle's and she has raved about your book......I am so interested in reading the Creators, and hoped to get to it these holidays. Today is the first day I have some time, and see you have removed it (good idea by the way). I would love to receive a copy if that is still an option. My email is zaninoz@bigpond.com. Thank you! Maria