Sunday, January 24, 2010

Turning 46


Today is my 46th birthday and I have been spoilt, Ivan bought me some beautiful clothes, emerald earrings and from the children and Mom and Dad some lovely gifts. A special pen-set from Ivan for my writing and a bottle of my favourite red wine (a Bordeaux) with $46 One dollar coins taped to the bottle from Mom and Dad.




Mom was going to cook me a lovely roast dinner, but we decided to celebrate with a visit to our favourite restaurant for ribs; the Lone Star. I was also serenaded by the staff with a birthday song, after Mom told them it was my birthday and presented with this amazing chocolate brownie and ice-cream dessert. We shared it around the whole table so I hope it didn't add too many calories.


It feels good to be 46. I am at a wonderful place in my life. My children are thriving and living life to the full. I have the excitement and fun of being a university student and I have achieved a miracle of writing my first mini-novel. My marriage of 21 years is beautiful, I am more in love than I was 21 years ago and look forward to at least another 21 wonderful years.

So I am grateful and joyful for turning 46.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Congratulations on a fabulous celebration, Beverly! I am looking forward to "46" having just read how wonderful life is for you at this age. :)

Mom said...

Thanks for a wonderful day with you Beverly, it was great. Only downside is that this morning, the scale told both Dad and I that we had put on 800gms yesterday. Yikes. Thank goodness have to wait another whole for your birthday bash.

darlin said...

A very happy birthday to you Beverly! How wonderful to spend your special day with family, surrounded by love, lovely gifts and CHOCOLATE!

Cheers!