Saturday, January 16, 2010

Daily Frustrations

This morning I woke up feeling grumpy and frustrated. It has affected my whole mood and while I know the cause, I can't seem to shift the angry, irratated feelings inside. Things that I don't normally see (or choose not to see) have annoyed me and it made me think about how we deal with life.

I have so many blessings and good things in my life and yet there are times when I am disatissfied and frustrated. Then I feel really guilty for feeling like that. I have spent the morning cleaning and although that is making me feel a lot better, I am not able to achieve any sense of routine or organisation as there are so many things that are in the process of half-completion: like the shower refurbishment, the curtain hanging and room sorting out process.

I am also feeling the frustration of no personal time or space to work on my book, writing and personal things.

So todays post is a grumpy one, but maybe in sharing how I feel about daily frustrations, someone out there will have an inspirational thought about how best to deal with these days.

Mine is to work hard, breathe deep and wait for tomorrow.

Wishing you all a joyful, frustration-free day.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Chocolate.

Read a GREAT book on the bed with the bedroom door closed.

Go out.

Call a Friend.

Sit on your amazing new Swing Seat and 'swing'.

...

Alternatively, YELL really loudly at everyone and tell them to all Go Out so you can have some time on your own.

Good Luck, my friend. :)

darlin said...

I get like that too once in a while Beverly but it passes just as quickly as I choose for it to pass. I am going to suggest that you look for other opportunities, get out in the world and see it through your camera lens. Treat yourself to a massage, meet a friend for lunch, spend a day at the shops, buy a new dress, get your hair done... do something that you've always wanted to do away from the house. Take up something new, a quick crash course in something, go to church if you're a church goer at all, go out and take cars for test drives (that's always fun!), go out to a park and sit on a swing and let your hair blow in the breeze, do a few days of volunteer work... the possibilities are endless, just get out of the house. You are out of your element there right now and won't be back in your element until everything is functional once again. Never mind writing or if you do choose to write go to the library.

... just a few suggestions from this crazy Canadian! :-) Hope this passes quickly for you!

Cheers!

Beverly said...

Thank you wonderful friends, the mood did pass as it always did.

I love the Chocolate idea Michelle and also the idea of seeing the world through the camera Darlene.

Feeling better.

darlin said...

Awesome, so glad to hear this Beverly! Thank you for sharing your thoughts and feelings, for keeping it real. I appreciate this immensely, life is not all a bed of roses and we are not all continuously happy and on top of the world... real life happens.

Glad to hear that the chocolate helped, good old chocolate! lol