Sunday, November 18, 2012

November Birthdays

November 16th & 17th are two special birthdays.  First my beautiful Ivan and then my very special Mum.

This year my Dad (Brian) took the prize for giving Ivan the very best present. For nearly a year he has been working on Ivan's gift - Rupert Bear - a favourite character from Ivan's childhood.

 My amazingly talented Dad - made all the drawings, plans and carved and painted this beautiful character.
 Ivan was so thrilled and pleased with the gift.

Of course as it was Mum's birthday we had to give her a few gifts as well - she received candle lanterns for the patio from the children and Ivan and I had given her a nice bottle of Rose and money for a birthday lunch down the coast.

 A few hours after our celebrations we were hit by a super storm and in less than 30 minutes had 73mm of rain.  All the gutters and patio flooded and as soon as it eased a little Mum and Dad came up the garden visiting - both looking like 'Orange Aliens'

After 49 years of marriage - these two are the happiest, funniest and loviliest people I know.

Happy Birthday Mum and Ivan.

No comments: