Sunday, May 30, 2010

I need to explain


For all the non-South African followers of my blog - I need to explain.
Borewors is a South African spiced sausage. The word comes from Afrikaans and means Farmers Sausage. It is very popular in South Africa and can be made from Beef or (even nicer) venison of some sort.
In Australia, because of the large population of South African residents, many local butchers make Boerewors.
To our surprise however, our local supermarket suddenly had a stock of Boerewors - I think in support of the World Cup Soccer.
It was the label that appealed to me. A British company, authentically Australian, making South African sausage and then the details overleaf where even funnier.
So here I am half a world away, eating my heritage sausage and having a good laugh. I thought I would just share the funny side of life.

No comments: